Well friends, I simply don't know how to do those shortie, 2 sentence blog posts. I write vignettes. I write full articles on life experiences and no matter how pithy a two sentence post may be, I cannot let it go at that. I have more to say, a position to back-up, an experience to share, a lesson that life has taught me that I can pass onto you without the heartache and time I went through.
I am not a typical writer. I only take assignments that I am comfortable with. I only write blog posts that I am comfortable putting out there to the world. Mind you, most of my family has no idea that I write this, and therefore, my comfort level is fairly wide. My writing has been my lifeline throughout my entire life. And to only be practical and realistic about it, I have been given something of a gift in this area. It comes naturally to me and sometimes it simply flows through me without much conscious thought of my own. There are times when I literally read something I've written and it's brand new as if I hadn't put it on the page at all. I wonder if other people that actually consider themselves writers do this. This disassociated free-flow of words onto the page only to be astounded by what has channeled itself through them.
I guess part of my problem with blog postings, is that I'm not an egoist. I don't think that everything I do is so special or important or interesting that I have to share my view of the world and my little section of it many times a day.
For the most part I consider my daily life as boring. I live my life; I send my husband off to work, I get on the computer and try to make some money myself, I take care of my toddler son, I talk to my pre-teen daughter, I do laundry and dishes and make beds and dinner. Whoop-friggin-eee! I almost put myself to sleep just writing it all down!
But, I have had some amazing experiences, known some awesome people and have a few talents and interests. Since I've been doing the freelancing I've come up with some blog ideas, and I will be updating with more regularity.
Thanks for hanging in there! I wish you; peace, joy, love, balance, courage, light and wisdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment