Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blog Wahmbulance

OK, so I know you're asking yourself, "Self, WTF happened to Aria'z Ink? She said the writing was going to always come first, and here's this huge long POLL-Thingey all up top and in the way of my reads!"

Yes, I know, and I apologize ~ kind of.

The poll has a two-fold reason. First of all, my ad revenues suck big fat donkey rocks so I want to know what y'all like, cause obviously, my finger is not on the pulse. In fact, by my numbers, my finger is jammed up my ass, far from the pulse... Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?!? (Non Kevin Smith fans ~ heathens! Get out!!! ~ that is a movie quote, not me being incredibly disgusting... that's Brody being incredibly disgusting. OK, back to the reality of writing this post) Anyway, so that is the first reason. Cause, while I love, Love, LOVE Amazon and housewares and the opportunity to make money with my blog, nobody else seems to be on the same page...

Secondly, my blogoversary is coming up in a few (several) months... And since I'm going to do a giveaway for that, I needed to know what'cha all wanted... even if you never buy anything from me... I don't judge... I won't hold a grudge... I'll still give y'all a great big WHOOT Thank You for showing up at all. Honestly. It just means that instead of normal channels, I'm going to have to sell a kidney or donate my breasts to science or something to come up with the money to fund the giftie giveaway... that's the other reason why I'm polling now for a June giveaway.

In light of these general-everyday-blog owner-delights (
bitchings), I've been having a kind of blog identity crisis. Signing up for a lot of different directories and working on SEO will do that to a person. How are my keywords? What do I need to change to get my Alexa ranking moving again, and moving in the right direction? Yay, I finally got an actual Google PR, as opposed to a non-ranked zero, but... um, how's Oprah gonna find me with only a 2/10. And the advertising simply reiterates the wrong-way-Jones feeling.

Another head-spin to compound the who-where-what-Me?-crisis; I've networked like a madwoman. And I'm still going, but I've socially networked so damn much that I scarcely have time to social-anything. And I'm burning myself the hell out... sorta.

I'm still totally addicted to writing the blog, but sometimes, even though I've got an apeload of sites listed under "saved to join" I forget to even go there, cause my mind is going blank to the refrains of "Happy (friggin) Working Song". And with all I've been doing here to promote, build, etc., the Crayzie Aria site may as well be dead ~ except that I'm extremely fond of that template, and the few articles over there, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Frankly, putting the kind of time into that one that I've put into this one makes me want to get very, very drunk. So, it's not dead, but it is very much in limbo... AGAIN. I should have just bought this domain name instead of that one, but I didn't. So... Live and Learn.

Anyway, if You, my valued, trusted, glorious readers, would like to give me any feedback on anything... Social networks that are must do's. Advertising that You want to see and would consider utilizing. Gift cards that You want to win on the blogoversary... Tell me. I'm pretty sure, at this point, I'm completely clueless.

I'm going to go do housework now. I know that I know how to do that!






MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.